You should enjoy what you do for a living, and if you don't, you should think about making a change.
- Think about what tasks or activities you do that you really enjoy.
- What things do you absolutely hate to do?
- Where do you want to be in 5 years? I know it's an annoying interview question, but think of it this way: what type of work do you want to be doing? Are you a numbers person or a people person, or both? Do you enjoy interacting with others? Do you like working on your set tasks or do you prefer working on tons of projects? These answers will help steer you towards a job you'd actually enjoy
- What type of company do you want to work for? Fortune 500, medium/small business, start-up?
- What about industry? Is there a specific sector you're interested in or passionate about?