Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Interview Prep - Questions and Answers

Interviewing can be tricky, and it's normal to be nervous, but preparing for your interview is the most important thing you can do.  Check the company website, www.Glassdoor.com, and do a quick Google search for interview questions.  Write out the questions you might get on paper and practice your answers.

Ask a question at the end! Have some stock questions prepared in case you don't have any questions about the job:
  • What are the challenges of the position/department?
  • How is performance measured/what are the goals?
  • What is your favorite thing about the company/department/position?
Be confident!  Its not just about what you say, but how you say it.  If you're not confident with your skills and experience, the interviewer won't be either.

Say "I" not "we"
Remove "I believe" or "I think" from your answers and just make the statement
"My strengths are communication and prioritizing." sounds better than "I think my skills are communication and prioritizing".

No comments:

Post a Comment